When it comes to writing product reviews that sell, there is a specific formula that is going to need to be followed. Here is exactly how you should be writing your product reviews so that they are not alienating the reader of the review but are still going to be able to help you generate some really good revenue from your website.
How To Start Writing Product Reviews
The first thing that you must do, however, is to get a quick summary of how to search for some feedback about the certain product that you are going to be writing a product review about. They will typically go like:
- Step 1: simply type the ‘product’ name with a review on Google.
- Step 2: your eyes are going to be overwhelmed with the number of star ratings and other reviews that pop up onto your computer screen, most of the titles containing the phrase ‘is it a scam?’ or ‘Don’t’ even think about buying this until you read this!’
- Step 3: Be sure that you click on a couple of the results that pop up and do not look like simple clickbait, as well as having a somewhat trustable domain name. No, something such as poducthonestreview.com is not an honest product review website.
- Step 4: You will land on a website that is packed full of calls to action and tons of 100% positive reviews, meaning that it is pretty much completely sold out to selling whatever the product being reviewed is. If you get lucky, you may even come across some reviews for similar type products that have convenient links so that you can go to the website to purchase them.
- Step 5: In a rage that you are not able to find any type of real review, you close your browser after spending countless time trying to search 4-5 ‘review’ sites, leaving more confused than when you originally started
If this sounds familiar, don’t worry about a thing. That is simply the state of the internet and product reviews right now on this website. In fact, the product review situation has been just like mentioned above for quite some time now. You have people trying to make some affiliate commissions put up a very weak and poorly written review for a product and then they simply rank it on Google hoping to make some passive income. The truth of the matter is though, is that these types of product reviews are becoming a thing of the past and are not doing nearly as well as actual product reviews that share all the details about the product being reviewed.
While you are still able to make a little bit of money by doing your product reviews this way, you are more than likely not going to be making the type of money with this method as you were able to just a few years ago.
With that being said, with every single turndown comes a great opportunity to make things better and make more money. This is going to be exactly why being able to write an honest and informative product review that isn’t afraid to be critical about the product being reviewed and always having the reader’s best interest at heart will have a huge payoff, as well as set you far above all the other crappy reviews that are available online.
How Do I Write?
In fact, when you are able to write an actual honest review that is not designed to make some quick affiliate commissions and actually review the product that you are reviewing, you will be able to make much more money, as well as build a larger following that will trust everything that you have to say.
With that being said, the system to write a product review is actually very simple. In fact, there are actually only two steps that you will need to take in order to be successful with product reviews. Those two steps are:
- You create trust with the readers of the review
- You are able to bridge all of the benefits and features of the product through some real-life examples
The Successful System for Writing Product Reviews
When it comes to writing successful product reviews, there is a formula that will need to be followed. Here is the formula for writing product reviews that have been tested again and again but has still consistently brought in great results and affiliate commissions.
Step 1: The Summary Box
The summary box is going to be a very short summary of the product that is being reviewed at the very top of the review page. In fact, this particular section is going to be one of the best converting areas of the entire review. Studies have actually shown that the summary box is responsible for up to 30% of the sales that your review is going to receive.
Step 2: Empathize with Your Readers
If you are really trying to stand out from the rest of the competition, you are going to need to actually relate to the problems that your readers are suffering from. How many different reviews have you read that simply rattle off all of the features of a product, but don’t list how the product is actually going to help you and your problems?
Those types of reviews are a dime a dozen and do literally nothing when it comes to helping those who read it.
Just keep in mind that most readers are going to be looking for an actual solution to the problems that they are experiencing and don’t really care about the features that a product has, as long as they can get the help that they are looking for. So be sure that you are emphasizing with your reader’s problems and you will be able to not only help them with their troubles but will also be able to make a nice commission as well.
When it comes to writing product reviews, there is a science that is required in order to become successful. When you are able to follow the outline listed above, you will be able to finally start making some money writing product reviews.