Everybody goes through a process of wear and tear with age: cells generally slowdown, movements become limited, and bones and joints become stiff. There are many possible causes of joint pains, and natural aging is just one primary cause. That means, sooner than later, you too will need help with joint pain. Take heart because joint pain relief is available. For healthy joints, supplementing with nutrients your body needs may be a wise choice. But first you should check out a review for Flexoplex or similar products that can help you reach a decision whether you should supplement or not.
Shift To Vegan Or Vegetarian?
Vegan or vegetarian? What is the difference? According to PETA, one of the most recognized radical movements advancing the protection of animal rights, vegetarians shun all forms of animal meat from diets. Some may eat fish, some eggs and dairy, and some, none at all. Vegan, the group describes, characterizes an animal-free lifestyle:
- no meat, no eggs, no dairy in their diets
- no animal products for clothing or accessories
- no animal components in personal care and cosmetics products
- no animals in entertainment
- no animals or components of animals used for any aspect of their lifestyle
Obviously, beyond anti inflammatory supplements for joints, choosing to go either vegetarian or vegan demands a lifestyle shift. As a matter of fact, successfully managing chronic joint pain requires you to revamp your lifestyle and not be dependent on joint pain treatment.
Based on a review of available studies conducted by the Arthritis Foundation, whether going either vegan or vegetarian helps bring lasting joint and muscle pain relief has seen mixed results. In general, it concludes, eating a balanced diet appears to be the best arthritis medicine. Going vegan or vegetarian can have its downsides, just like any other diets that restrict any food group, most especially if diet shifters do not carefully substitute for nutrients when skipping on meat.
What is the best vitamin for joint pain?
A plant-based diet will pack anti-inflammatories, including the broadest variety of antioxidants and the most powerful herbs for joint pain inflammation relief. The major advantage of going vegan or vegetarian is that joint pain sufferers get to avoid exposure from Neu5Gc, compound found in meat, is a top cause of inflammation which has also been linked to cancer and heart disease.
The downside is that vegans and vegetarians are commonly found short in other nutrients, including Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids, two of the most important nutrients for promoting bone and joint health.
Well-formulated joint pain supplements can help make up for that loss in key nutrients required for bone repair and development. The best arthritis joint supplements will deliver even more: lubricate your joints, improve the range of movement of your joints, prevent inflammation, and support your body’s natural healing process to facilitate faster joint repair and healing.
Joint health products and joint pain medication normally combine the following two key ingredients to bring about relief:
- Glucosamine Sulfate: It helps relieve inflammation and strengthens the bond of connective tissues. In effect, it protects your joints from future tears and damage.
- Chondroitin Sulfate: It soothes inflamed joints and supports faster joint healing and recovery from damage.
Unfortunately, not all joint pain sufferers are able to derive any lasting benefit from medications and supplements that are formulated with these ingredients. In any case, adopting joint pain remedies that involve lifestyle adjustments will be beneficial.
Living With Pain-Free Joints
Your diet is a major factor for what causes your joints to hurt. To give yourself better chances at more effectively managing chronic joint pain, however, you must keep an eye out for your triggers. Listed below are just some of the top drivers of inflamed joints:
- overweight / obesity
- excessive and frequent alcohol intake, most especially beer
- taking medications considered as diuretics
- health and medical conditions such as liver disease, kidney failure and diabetes
- foods containing high levels of salt
- foods containing high levels of sugar
- diet rich in meat, dairy and meat products
- lack of exercise and physical activity
- strain or injury to the joints
Watching these triggers can help you lessen the intensity of pain in your joints and bring joint pain relief that permits you to recuperate faster. Nevertheless, living with pain-free joints requires that you embody a new lifestyle, and what goes into your plate and eventually end up in your tummy is always a good place to start.
Eat This, Not That
The section above lists what foods make arthritis worse. When you are convinced that going vegan is the way to go, below are some of the foods that can help bring about joint pain relief. Take note that moderation remains to be a key strategy when consuming these food items and, remember to mind where your food comes from and how it is prepared:
- These fruits are rich in Omega-3 essential fatty acids but practically do not contain any amount of cholesterol.
- Dark leafy greens. Rich in antioxidants, these help fight inflammation by neutralizing free radicals. These plant foods also contain high levels of calcium for strong bones. The best plant sources of calcium include kale, cabbage, and cruciferous vegetables like broccoli.
- Green tea. This contains the powerful antioxidant, epigallocate-3-gallate (EGCG), one of the most powerful antioxidants to help fight inflammation. EGCG makes green tea one of the most effective herbal remedies for rheumatoid arthritis.
- Garlic, turmeric and ginger. Is turmeric good for joint pain? These three spices contain the most powerful natural anti-inflammatories that can give over-the-counter drugs a run for their money.
- Olives and Olive Oil. Drizzle your salads in it but, refrain from exposing olive oil to high heat so as not to lose the important antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients.
- Blueberries and citrus fruits. These contain high levels of Vitamin C that help your body fight inflammation, including preventing your joints from swelling.
- Almonds and Walnuts. Snack on these nuts throughout the day. Taking about a handful helps you derive essential fatty acids to support joint repair as well as recovery from damage.
Other Tips To Help Prevent And Ease Joint Pains
Beyond diet, here are other top tips to help ease your joint pains and prevent attacks:
- Manage your weight more effectively. In case of obesity, seek professional help.
- Exercise regularly. Improve and maintain your joints’ range of motion.
- Sleep well. Cells, including damaged joints, heal faster when you are asleep.
- The best bone supplement will deliver multiple functionalities to ease pain and enhance joint health and healing at the same time.
- Try alternative medications. Hydrotherapy and acupuncture have been highly touted for delivering noticeable and lasting improvements to joint pains.
A vegan or vegetarian diet plan will work for people who are willing to commit to a new way of eating and living. However, even if you do not choose to exclusively consume plant-based food, you may still benefit from meat-free meals or dairy-free days throughout the week. Make sure to always consider what causes your joints to hurt before utilizing any medication, therapy or remedy for joint pain relief. When it comes to eating and exercising to promote joint health, keep in mind that moderation is key.