Cracked heels are a very common problem and can range in severity from a cosmetic issue to a painful problem. You can’t wear those fashionable stilettos nor can you walk properly. With every step you take, your heels remind you of the pain they are going through. When you can look after all of yourself, why to leave this important part of our body? After all, your feet only make you stand for whatever you want! To take proper care of feet means to give them the right nourishment through balanced diet. Lack of zinc, omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin E, calcium and iron can give you sore heels too. It also means keeping your feet well moisturized and protected from extreme temperatures, dampness, too cold or hot air, dust and so on. Here you don’t look after your heels and there you get those ugly fissures into them. Before taking all the preventive measures though, you need to repair your cracked heels! Take help from these time tested home remedies for cracked heels!
Home remedies for cracked heels :
Here is our list of top 5 Home remedies for cracked heels that will help soothe and makeover your cracked heels, and let you step out in style. Read on how to heal cracked heels for more!
1. Lemon, Salt, Glycerin, Rose Water Foot Mask
One of the first steps towards having a pair of beautiful feet is to heal them, and that is why this foot mask is one of those perfect home remedies for cracked heels.
• Take a basin of warm water in which you’ll be dipping your feet and add raw salt, lemon juice, glycerin and rose water. Soak in your feet for about 15-20 minutes in this water.
• Using a pumice stone or foot scrubber, scrub your heels and sides of the feet.
• Take 1tsp undiluted glycerin; 1 tsp rose water and 1tsp lemon juice and after mixing, apply over your cracked heels. Since this will be a sticky mixture, you can wear a pair of socks and leave on overnight.
• Wash off with lukewarm water in the morning.
2. Regular Oil Massage
If you have a tendency to develop dry feet, then it is very important for you to regularly exfoliate your feet. But make sure that you do not use harmful cosmetic products on your feet and try to go for natural oils. If the cracks in your feet are bit deep, then you can think of massaging your feet with olive oil or almond oil regularly to reduce the cracked heels and feet. You can also use vegetable oil or coconut oil on the affected areas under the feet and massage softly so that your feet get the necessary blood circulation. You can leave this oil on your feet overnight and wash it off in the morning.
3. Vaseline and Lemon Juice
• Clean and dry your heels. Once all the dirt is out, soak your feet in warm water for about 15-20 minutes. Rinse and pat dry.
• You need to apply a mixture of one teaspoon of Vaseline and two or three teaspoons of lemon juice over the cracked areas of your feet. Rub this mixture over your heels and other cracked parts of the foot. Rub this in nicely, till it gets absorbed in the skin.
• Apply this mixture before going to bed and keep on overnight, wearing a pair of woolen socks, as these socks help trap body heat and increase the effectiveness of the mixture.
• Wash off in the morning.
Honey is great to moisturize your feet and has great antibacterial properties. It is one of the most common ingredient of home remedies for cracked heels.
• Mix one cup of honey to half a bucket of warm water.
• Soak your feet for about 15-20 minutes.
• Scrub off gently for soft and supple feet.
5. Vinegar, Antiseptic Mouthwash
This is surly the best thing to try!! One cup of white vinegar, one cup of antiseptic mouthwash, very warm water to cover the bottoms of the feet. Put in a shallow bucket or pan and soak for 15-20 minutes. You need to add more warm water after about ten minutes. Towel dry and there is no more cracked or dry heel or soles.