Chicken pox scars are termed as unsightly marks that left by the chickenpox viral infection which is caused by the varicella zoster virus. This infection can lead to itchy, fluid-filled blisters on the skin. These blisters will eventually burst and form crust (scab) which leaves the scars on the skin. But remember that when once these chickenpox scars are formed, it is quite difficult to remove and therefore the chickenpox sufferer should not scratch particularly when the infection is in scabbing state. If you can’t resist scratching at any time then you get few scars on the skin. Don’t panic, there are Scar removal home remedies for chicken pox. In these days, there are a host of medical procedures like dermabrasion, laser treatment, micro-dermabrasion, photo facial, excision, etc. that helps to remove the ugly chickenpox marks from the skin. But some care and natural Scar removal home remedies are enough for chicken pox scar removal.
5. Lemon Juice
Generally any scar or mark will form on the skin during the healing of damaged skin or tissues. To repair the damaged skin or tissues, your body will release the protein called collagen. Collagen keeps the skin strong, flexible and resilient. Lemon juice has vitamin C that contributes in the collagen production. Also lemon juice is a citrus fruit that contains alpha hydroxyl acids (AHA) which is capable to heal the skin. This juice is also has natural bleach or natural skin brightener that helps to lighten any scars particularly the chickenpox marks. Make sure to apply sunscreen lotion before stepping out in sun as this causes skin photosensitivity.
Ways to Use-
• Take 1 tsp of lemon juice and pour this over a cotton ball.
• Apply this to your scar affected skin.
• Leave it for 10 minutes.
• Wash it off with water.
Remember, regular use of lemon juice on skin makes your skin photosensitive. Therefore, always apply sunscreen before stepping out in sun. The best way would be not to use lemon juice on skin during daytime. Use it at night.
Honey has full of natural nutrients that rejuvenate the skin. It is a good moisturizer and has bleaching properties that lighten up the scars. It promotes the skin regeneration at the place where you are suffering from scars by providing all the essential nutrients that are required for the skin. This works with osmotic effect where it draws the nutrients and blood towards the scars by eliminating the dead skin cells and promotes the fast healing of the wound or scars.
Ways to Use-
• Add water to the oats and mash it continuously so that it gets soft and thick.
• Now add the honey and mash it to blend it completely.
• Apply this to scar affected area.
• Leave for 15-20 minutes.
• Wash off with water.
Sandalwood has the capacity to cure the scars. This not only used in cosmetics but also used to treat wounds by healing them properly. Regular usage of this sandalwood will help to soothe the irritated skin and clears the chickenpox scars.
Ways to Use-
• Take sandalwood powder and add honey or rose water to it
• Stir it well to make it like a paste and apply this on the skin affected by chickenpox scars.
• Do this process regularly to get complete relief from the chickenpox scars.
• Take sandalwood oil and apply this on the scars affected area of the skin
• Massage it gently for few minutes and leave it like that
• Regular application of this oil will help to get rid of the chickenpox scars.
Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera is always considered as the miraculous herb with its excellent soothing, moisturizing and healing properties. The aloe vera gel has full of anti-oxidants and anti-microbial properties that help in healing the skin from wounds, allergies and other infections like chickenpox. This also contains anti-inflammatory property helps to get rid of the itching, redness and irritation that caused due to skin wounds and also helps to remove the dead skin cells. Aloe vera gel penetrates deep into the skin so it moisturizes the skin effectively. It also helps to increase collagen production that makes your skin to heal faster and lightens the marks or scars.
Ways to Use-
• Take aloe vera leaf and cut both the edges
• Squeeze the leaf to extract the gel from it and apply this gel on the scars affected skin
• Gently rub it on the skin for a couple of minutes and allow it to dry off
• Leave it like that as it won’t cause any problem but wash it off with water if you feel it a little sticky on the skin or else leave it off.
• Continue doing this for 3 – 4 times a day till you cleared the chickenpox scars. (This also fades other scars/marks on the skin).
1. Coconut Water
Coconut water is considered as a treasure house of nutrients that includes vitamins, minerals and a host of trace elements. It contains magnesium, calcium, potassium, phosphorus and sodium along with other trace elements that help to strengthen the immune system and works well for skin functioning i.e. healing the scars, wounds, wrinkles, moisturizing, etc. The lauric acid and cytokines that are present in this water will go wonders for the skin. Cytokines helps to regulate the cell growth and balances the pH levels of the skin by maintaining the connective tissues. This water also has anti-viral, anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties that helps to clear the skin from bacteria, dust and other harmful toxins and soothes it to get relief from the itching and irritation. With all these properties, coconut oil is considered as an effective home remedy for chickenpox scar removal by lightening the pockmarks and pits that get from the chickenpox.
Ways to Use-
- Apply coconut water directly on your scars. Start doing this just after the chicken pox infection has run its course. You may use a cotton ball to apply coconut water to your marks or just pour it over your skin where the scars appear. Repeat this several times a day.
- Add 2 glasses of coconut water to your bath water.
- Drink a glass of coconut water every day. However, if you suffer from low blood pressure, consult your doctor before consuming coconut water as it tends to lower blood pressure.
this is a useful topic for me or anyone else who has suffered from chicken pox. I will try the remedies.
Sure! But do communicate with your doctor too.
Surely Tinku. But don’t forget to consult your Doctor.
Comments are closed.