As described by the National Health Services, Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) is a kind of treatment that can help you with the typical signs and symptoms of menopause. Menopause is a condition that affects both men and women and is caused by the slowing down of the endocrine system of the body. The endocrine system produces vital hormones that the body needs for normal functioning. Among these hormones are estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone. All of these hormones are responsible for accelerated growth during puberty and the physical transition into adulthood.
Why Opt for Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT)
The normal age for the slowing down in the production of hormones is after the age of 45 to 50 and it is a part of the aging process that all humans go through. However, many people may also start to experience the symptoms that come with menopause around the age of 35. Various factors can go into the decline of hormones at this age. Among them are stress and medical issues because of which men and women may have to get their reproductive organs removed.
Environmental pollution and the presence of xenoestrogens in the food you eat and other products you use can also cause hormone imbalances that in turn lead to many other health issues. These issues may interfere with your normal day-to-day functioning. And, the simplest solution for healthy living is to take hormone replacement therapy supplements that can restore this balance without causing any side effects. Of course, you can take this treatment to help your body transition into menopause and afterwards, to maintain good health and normal living.
Plant Based Supplements Are an Ideal Choice
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a kind of healing modality that uses plant-based medications. Should you sign up for the treatment, the medical practitioner will conduct a blood test to assess the exact hormone deficits in your body. Next, she will create a customized program that includes the precise balance of hormones that can replace the deficiencies. You need not be concerned about any adverse effects since these supplements are different from conventional hormone replacement therapy that has synthetic compounds.
So, How to Tell if Your Need HRT
If you’re over the age of 35 and haven’t been feeling well in the past few weeks, there is a possibility that you have hormone imbalances. Take a look at these symptoms and match them with the health issues you sense. Check with your doctor for the tests you need to take to identify the imbalances in your blood.
Symptom 1 – Physical Signs of Being Unwell
Take a look at these signs that are an indication that you need hormone replacement therapy:
- Hot flashes and sweating at night even in winters
- Weight gain despite following a careful diet and exercise plan
- Appearance or worsening of acne
- Insomnia and disturbed sleep
- Appearance of signs of aging like fine lines and wrinkles because of loss of elasticity in the skin
- Hair loss and thinning hair in both men and women
- Increase in distribution of fat on the belly
Cravings for sweet and savory carbs, dairy products, and alcohol
- Excessive facial and body hair in women
Symptom 2 – Health Issues
Since the endocrine system maintains normal functioning of your organs, you’ll notice health issues that arise from their inefficient working.
- Type 2 Diabetes
- Osteoporosis and loss of bone mass (If you have a genetic propensity to osteoporosis, you may want to be more vigilant.) You may also develop a higher risk of fractures.
- Loss of muscle mass and softening of muscles in men
- Coronary heart disease
- Higher risk of developing slipped disc and other spine problems. This condition occurs when the collagen fibers in the discs weaken. Knee pain is another symptom of the erosion of cartilage and collagen.
- Flatulence and disturbed digestion
- Migraines and severe headaches
Symptom 3 – Inability to Function in the Workplace
To be able to function well and achieve high productivity levels at work, you need both your physical and mental faculties in top working order. Look for these signs that you can’t function as before and need hormone replacement therapy.
- Fatigue and lack of stamina
- Body aches and pains
- Difficulty in maintaining focus on activities
- Mental confusion
- Weakened memory
Symptom 4 – Issues with Your Reproductive System
Both men and women may sense issues with the working of their reproductive systems such as:
- Lowered libido and lack of interest in intercourse
- Irregular menstruation or heavy menses in women
- Erectile dysfunction in men
- Premature menopause
- Vaginal dryness and painful intercourse that contributes to aversion
- Difficulty in conceiving and carrying a pregnancy to term
- Higher instances of urinary tract infections
- Tenderness in the breasts
Symptom 5 – Mental and Emotional Disturbances
Hormone imbalances can also affect how you think and feel. Look for these symptoms:
- Mood swings
- Depression and anxiety
- Symptoms similar to Parkinson’s Disease
If you have been noticing a few or many of these symptoms, it could be time to think about getting bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. Talk to your doctor about the treatment and the positives it can have for your health and well being.